Spa School is a secondary co-educational school for students aged 11-19 with a primary diagnosis of Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome. The school is situated in Monnow Road (off Southwark Park Road) in the Bermondsey district of the London Borough of Southwark.
A warm welcome to visit the school is extended to parents/carers of all students who meet the schools admission criteria. Appointments can be made to attend one of the schools regular prospective parents/carers open mornings where you will be given information about the school and given a tour of the facilities. You can do this by contacting the school office or you may initially wish to speak to our headmaster Simon Eccles.
Spa School is a community made up of students, parents, staff and governors, working together.
Our vision is to provide excellence in education for students with autistic spectrum disorders Spa’s aims are that all students:
- Are happy safe and healthy
- Learn and achieve at every level
- Develop independence and self-advocacy
- Have improved behaviour, communication and social interaction.
We also aim to:
- Work with parents and carers to contribute fully to students’ progress
- Be part of the local and wider community
- Achieve successful transition for each student to their next stage of learning or employment
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained, skilful and knowledgeable