Students follow a developmental programme to align their work in school to the world of work and post-school activities.
Looking at jobs in school
- What people do and how they work
- Parents or carers of students – visiting to talk/demonstrate their work
- People from the local community to talk or to demonstrate their work
- Progress files for all students
- Working shadowing in school and/or with parents / carers in their place of work
- Work experience in school in our library, office, kitchens or grounds
- Work experience in our very own cafe
- Work experience in the local community (with appropriate level of support):
e.g. resource library, stables, parks, day nurseries, shops
- Work experience linked to vocational options.
Transition to post-school options
- Careers guidance, life skills and leisure pursuits form an integral part of the Curriculum as students move towards the end of their school life.
We also offer work experience in other places outside of school where we have developed links. In the past year these have included a dance company, a car valeting service and a football club.